The world’s current electric grid was developed in the 1890s and has been incrementally improved upon as technology advances.
Although the electric grid is considered an engineering marvel, its patchwork nature is proving to be a limiting factor in accelerating the movement to the green energy future. To advance this critical initiative, the world needs to radically improve key elements of the grid to create a “smart grid”. That’s where advances like TS Conductor comes in.
The proprietary digital communication channels embedded in the TS Conductor allows for real time sensing along the distribution and transmission lines and facilitates communication between the utility and its customers. This sensing along the transmission lines is what makes the grid smart.
The benefits that come with smart grid technology like TS Conductor include:
- More efficient transmission of electricity
- Faster restoration of electricity after power disturbances
- Reduced operations and management costs for utilities, and ultimately lower power costs for consumers
- Reduced peak demand, which will also help lower electricity rates
- Increased integration of large-scale renewable energy systems
- Better integration of customer-owner power generation systems, including renewable energy systems
- Improved security